Become a more confident and positive toastmaster with our specially designed coaching methods that will hone your technique in public speaking assignments
The TMI guide offers a fully professional and supportive environment to develop excellent public speaking techniques that are useful in a host of sectors. We help instil confidence in overcoming personal and collective challenges. Our students come from all walks of life and range from beginners in public speaking to those who have had many years’ experience.
If you are one of those who have problems speaking in public, this course is for you. Every manager or executive may need to do some form of presentation as part of their job. Presentation is part of the communication skill and it requires certain abilities to do it well. You may have good content but without good presentation skill, you fail to attract the audience to listen to you and get the result you wanted.
In this session, you will learn how to conquer stage fright, speak in public with confident and think on your feet.
You will learn the techniques of making inspiring and stimulating presentation, how to handle big and small group of audience, difficult questions and use of visual aids.
This module focuses on the learner-centered approach to training delivery and participants will be exposed to hands-on practical experience by delivering live presentation.
- Develop the 4 parts of presentation – before the presentation, the beginning, the body and closing
- Identify objectives and intent of your presentation
- Develop skills to engage and involve audience
- Develop techniques to handle questions and response to audience
- Elaborate the 4 components of public speaking – Mental, Visual, Vocal, Verbal and techniques for gaining confidence, overcome nervousness and bond with the audience
- Deliberate on the use of visual aids and technology
“A good speech is like a pencil, it has to have a point”
Our professional writing skills program prepares you to write purposefully at a standard that appeals to the respective recipient. The Professional Writing Master Class will help participants understand the keys to successful written communication and put those skills to the test.
The Institute understands that there are different writing tones for different scenarios and purposes. Our Master Class programme looks into the various discourse used by professionals and specialists to communicate and transfer information and knowledge. There are as many specialised languages as there are professions. This is what has usually been known as Languages for Specific Purposes (LSP)
In both verbal and written communication, pay attention to the tone you set through the words you choose. You may believe that you are being persuasive, but your use of language may quickly alienate your reader. You can provide support for your particular point of view by carefully selecting an appropriate tone.
- Learners should be able to write to encourage action
- Learners should be able to come up with a writing that gives instruction
- Learners should be able to write in a persuasive manner and win the heart of the reader
- Learners should be able to write in an informative manner.
- Learners should be able to write in an affirmative way.